Sunday, October 21, 2007

busy day....

This post is about me - sorry.

Yesterday was a busy day. I was and the DMV by 8:30 to renew my license. I walk in and saw a sign that say "check or cash only" great, now I get to go find a ATM. Came back and the line wasn't that long. In and out by 9:00.

I get into my car, call Randy and start to back up. I hear a "thud" and see someone behind me. I just hit a person. I start to freak out! The guy runs to my window and apologizes. I keep asking him over and over "are you ok????" He says he is and apologizes again. He was on a skateboard and didn't see me pull out. thank god he is ok. I am pretty shaken up and almost in tears at this point (lesson learned, I will NEVER back up again while talking on the phone). I pull over and look over my car, no damage. I take a deep breath and thank god that no one was hurt.

Later that day, the kids and I head out to Lynden to go to the Harvest Festival with my good friend Kara and her two adorable girls. We go to the Lynden library - which by the way ROCKS - so the older kids can make masks and Carson can cruise the stacks of books. It was so cold outside but we did a hay ride anyway. We head over to eat lunch but Carson would not cooperate - screams and tears. We had to leave. Griffin is sad, so I bribe him with french fries (always works). By the time we leave, I was frozen to the bone. We swung into DQ for fresh fries for Griffin and a yummy crispy chicken sandwich for me. The best one I have had in a long, long time.

Our roof finally got started (YES). Lots of noise but it will be so wonderful to get done. They put two of the four new skylights in. I can't wait to cut the celling!!!!!

After I put the kids down to bed, I go to the gym to work out with my friend Lyndie. Afterwards we decide to head over the Applebees for a quick drink (I decide I would rather eat my calories instead of drink them so I opted for a salad). Two hours later and lots and lots of laughs it's time to head home and call it a night.

Busy day, lots got done.

1 comment:

Kara Mitchell said...

You didn't tell me that happened to you! How Scary!!

Me and the girls had a great time too. Brenna was so excited to show daddy her mask she made! Can't wait to see you guys Saturday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...