Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Is sand in one of the food groups????

Saturday had it's good points as well (see post regarding Dr. Bloom). After our doctor visit I gave Carson a bath to clean him up, we headed to Birch Bay with Sara. We were spending the day with Lyndie and her kids at the beach. I was supper pumped to get Carson in the sand. So curious about how he would react to the it.

After lunch and a failed attempt to nap, we headed down. The tide was out so the kids had plenty of wet sand to dig around in. Griffin and Carter were busy digging holes with their shovels while Delany ran around splashing in the small pools of water. After a bit, I took Carson's pants off and let him feel the sand. He was in love. A smile was on hit face at he grabbed handfuls of of the wet squishy stuff and shoved it into his mouth - yuck! Apparently he didn't think so, he kept eating it. I can only imagine what his diaper is going to be like.

What a great day, sitting back on the wet sand (forgot to bring a chair), watching my kids enjoy nature (that is until Carson feel into the water as the tide was coming in). My camera even decided to take a dip (it's ok though!).

After the tide made it's way in, I put Carson into the sink to wash off while Lyndie and Sara hosed the kids off outside then put them into the bath (Griffin's 1st c0-ed bath). Lyndie fixed an incredible dinner. I can't wait to go back again.


Here is Carson attempting to eat the sand, gilly boy...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...