What a way to start the day. Griffin and I were playing paddle ball in the living room yesterday morning while Carson was finishing up his breakfast. When he got done, I put Carson on the floor and contiuned to play with Griffin. Thinking ahead of the game, I told Griffin we should no longer hit the ball in the air in fear he may not see Carson and trip over him. Instead, we began hitting the ball on the floor. A few hits in, Griffin is getting ready to hit the ball just as Carson is crawling into the line of fire. Sure enough, Griffin smakes Carson in the face. I didn't think it was so bad but as I approached Carson I saw the blood.
It was pouring out of his nose. He was bleeding so much, it was coming out of his mouth. He was chocking on it, as he coughed, it would spray out of his mouth and all over his legs, arms and me. I was home alone and didn't know what to do. I debted about calling 911 or the doctors office. I dialed the after hours line and was put through to the on- call people. The put me right through to Dr. Bloom. He told me everything should be ok and if I wanted to get Carson in, he would see us. I packed the kids up and headed for the doctors at 9:20 am.
Griffin was quite the trooper. He got dressed without me asking him to, while poor Carson cried and cried. I was so worried it was broken - just what I need. By the time we got to the doctors office it had stopped bleeding and the doc did not beleive it was broken (thank god). We were in and out under 30 minutes.
What a way to start the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment