Sunday, January 13, 2013

1.13.13...


Today was my man's birthday.  It was a pretty big birthday this year.  I really wanted to throw a party to celebrate him but he was not up for that.  Instead we just spent the day together as a family.

There was no sleeping in for me; but than again, today was not my "day".  We were up and out the door by 8:30 for breakfast.  After our tummies were full of pancakes, we headed back home to watch the big game.

Our home is not one to watch sports.  To my delight, Randy is not a sports fan.  I think I can count on one hand (maybe even 2 fingers) how many times we have had a football game on.  To be honest, I think us watching brought bad luck to our team.  We tried hard but we were unable to pull off a win.  Darn.  Even though I am not a Seahawks follower, it would have been fun to see them go to the Super Bowl.

For some reason the kids were a bit out of control today.  By 11:00 both Randy and I had about enough of those two.  Both were sent to their bedroom for 30 mins; we needed some quite time.  I needed to get out of the house; i love those two boys to death, but I was going out of my mind.  I decided to take them out on a run/walk to burn off some of that boy energy.  I left Randy at home to enjoy some peace for a bit.  The walk did do the boys some good; the house was filled with less boy energy in the afternoon.

Today felt like a bit of a bust (and it also felt like one of the longest days every).  I wish we had planned more for Randy.  He seemed happy and content today; I still would like to make it up to him.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...