Sunday, January 15, 2012

weekend recap....

Randy's birthday was Friday and he wanted to celebrate in Seattle with us. I am never one to say "no" to a little road trip and a stay in a hotel.  I packed up the car, pulled G out of school early and the three of us heading down to meet the birthday boy in Lynnwood.

From there we headed into the big city.  Checked into our room and went to explore the city.  After dinner we took a dip in the pool (huge bonus that the water was warm!!!) and a long soak in the hot tub.  Nothing feels as nice as listening to the happy squeals of your boys while you are 100% relaxed and at total peace.
Day two started with snuggles in the king sized bed and a quick swim.  I would love to start every day with a refreshing dip in the pool.  The Westin has a wonderful cafe in their lobby.  We ordered one of the best breakfasts we have had in a very long time.  Everyone was able to get what they wanted and we ate till our belly's were about to burst.

The highlight of the day was the Pacific Science Center.  The model trains were on display; the birthday boy was in heaven.  This was our second time at the PSC but our 1st time going into the butterfly room.  One word - amazing.  I did not want to leave!  As soon as we stepped in, a large butterfly laned right on G's head and stayed there for some time.  Then I turned around and was able to witness the birth of a butterfly; oh my, it was so cool.


We watched "Tin-Tin" in 3-D on the HUGE screen.  I haven't heard much about this movie and to be honest, I really was not looking forward to watching it.  I was pleasantly surprised.  The movie is great and I really didn't mine seeing it in 3-D (I am not a fan).  We couldn't stop talking about the movie as we walked out of the theater and to the car.  Than the fun ended.

There was snow on the ground.  And we had a 2 hour drive ahead of us.  The worst part of it was I had to drive the boys and myself home without  Randy since he had  a car in Lynnwood.  UGH.

We dropped him off and followed him home caravan style, which was kind of fun.  It was a bit of a white knuckle ride till Marysville than the road was dry and I was able to relax. 

One thing I know for sure; I am one lucky girl, I love my family and they make me so happy.  xoxoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...