Thursday, January 19, 2012

pinterest does it again....

I found a great idea on Pinterest the other day; you take a jar, put 2012 on it and fill it with pieces of paper that have your favorite moments on them.  On New Years Eve, you sit around with your family and read all the moments that made the year special.  I am so doing this.

 I have the jar and today I have a memory that I want to put into it. I will ask the kids to write what they liked about to day as well.

Today was one of those days that just puts a smile on your face, not because of a big event that happened, but because of a number of small events that added up to something big.

Favorite highlights for today:  family coffee date, walk in the snow to the library, fort making with the boys, sledding down the hill, listening to the snow with Griffin.

Today I took the time to stop and live in the moment.  I took the time to look at my kids and really be with them.  I will never get this time back and I want to savor the time I have.

Oh, one more to add to the list; cuddling with C.  One of my best times of the day, laying in bed, making faces at each other and just being silly.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...