Cuddles are not very common around my house. I have two VERY independent boys. There is a lot of running, jumping, climbing. That leaves little room for cuddles.
If they were for sale I may be broke buying them in bulk, stock piling them and pulling them out just when I need them.
Yesterday Carson started screaming and crying when I tried to leave the room. I had to go pee so bad I was only able to give him some comfort for bit. By the time I was done, he was happy and no longer needed any loving -damn bladder!.
It happened today.
Griffin and Carson were playing in the tv room and I was washing the dishes - side note, I swear the dish fairy comes around when my back is turned and pulls clean dishes out of the cupboard and messes them up. Anyway, Griffin leaves the room and Carson starts crying with tears, wails like he is hurt. I run over there and he crawls in my lap. My heart does a little dance and we sit there for a good 20 mins. At times he will look up than around, touch the blocks that are on the floor, than puts his head back into my chest so I can rub his back. Pure heaven.
Than it's over as fast as it started. I hope this is a phase, and that he is not coming down with something. But it is a bit fun to have him needing me. Mommy love is so good.
1 comment:
That is so sweet! Carter was snuggling with me (for a brief moment) and I made him swear he would still snuggle when he was 15. Of course he had no idea what he was promising but he did it without hesitation.
Post a Comment