Saturday, October 6, 2007

stoney ridge and birthday cake....

Sorry, I think this is going to be a long post lots of pics.

Yesterday was Carson's 1st birthday. WOW, a year has past. So much has changed in 12 months. There is so much love in our house I think the walls will burst at times.

All day yesterday I kept remembering what I was doing at that exact moment a year ago. I never could imagine that I had more love in me to give. I remember the distinct moment that I looked at Carson laying on my chest the second he was born, and I could feel that part in my soul open up and flood me with joy and love. It's been a wild ride, lots of ups and a few major lows, so happy to be out of the cloud of darkness and so happy I was able to be aware of Carson's first year.


Friday was a beautiful day, no rain and the sun came out. Randy took a half day off of work so we could head to Stoney Ridge and celebrate Carson's birthday in fall style - picking out pumpkins. We had the place pretty much to ourselves which was wonderful.



Here is Griffin and I picking out the perfect pumpkin .






Every year we get Griffin's picture here; next year Carson will get his taken there as well.









Griffin jumping off a pile of dirt. My birthday boy! How sweet are you???







What is a birthday with out cake? Carson LOVED his cake (Griffin wouldn't touch his first birthday cake). When Carson was done, he was pretty much blue from head to toe. We dumped him in the bath as soon as he was done (the sugar high wasn't that bad, he went right to sleep last night). Here is what the cake looked like after Carson was done with it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...