Today I ordered Carson's birthday cake. I can't believe that in 4 day's he will be one! Last year at this point, I was waddling around, waiting for him to arrive. At times, it feels like yesterday that I had him. But most of the time, it feels like he has been in our lives forever.
I can't remember what I did before he came, what Griffin did, who he chased around. My baby is trying to walk, my baby is trying to talk, my baby is growing up. I no longer can rock him, no longer will he sleep in my arms. I will always cherish the sweet baby he is. Will try to remember each moment that left an impression on my soul. But I have to remember to live in this moment. Watch him waddle and fall. See him race after his brother. Smile when he tries to say "ball".
I will always miss my baby, but he is being replaced by a pretty amazing toddler.
No comments:
Post a Comment